Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 19 Jan 2014 18:49 #31

• Gill
Don't know whose leg you think you're pulling, but try the other one, it's got bells on.
The topic has been locked.

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 19 Jan 2014 21:31 #32

irishwaterfowlsoicety wrote:
some of the comments are random and funny but seriously they actually got exticnt in the war in france and theyre a big chance a few of them got shot and blown up

That obviously explains what happened that Favorolle cock of yours........................he,s a war veteran who had his beard blown off in battle :whistle:

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 19 Jan 2014 22:41 #33

It took me less than 10 minutes on google to find this.

volaillepoultry.pagesperso-orange.fr/meusien2.html

Linked from here: volaillepoultry.chez.com/franc2.html#meusienne

I hope this calms down this conversation. It really should have stayed on topic.

To Mr. Waterfowl Club I will say that I don't believe you should be crossing your faverolles with this cock because it is a different breed, unless it is part of a breeding plan for the Meusienne chicken. There are plenty of faverolles around that you shouldn't be introducing undesirable off-standard traits to your faverolles stock with this particular cock bird.
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2014 22:49 by Susan Mc.

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 19 Jan 2014 23:07 #34

• Gill
la poule meusienne is no more Faverolles than any of the Faverolles ancestors are Faverolles.
It is a very recent breed, first presented at the Salon d'Agriculture in 1985, and has nothing to do with WW11
It was developed from the dark salmon Faverolles (ie what the French call the German Faverolles), not the traditional French Faverolles.

nb la Meuse is nowhere near Faverolles
the absence of beard is recessive to the presence of beard.
in summation Faverolles - beard does not = Meusienne

the two can be compared below
elevageamateur.wifeo.com/la-meusienne.php
elevageamateur.wifeo.com/faverolles.php

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 20 Jan 2014 10:10 #35

Yeah it makes sense now Gill........................so basically one of them shaves and the other does,nt :whistle:

Irish Society Of Poultry Fanciers National Show 20 Jan 2014 11:06 #36

• Ray C
I'm locking this thread as it has gone way off topic. I'll open another under the original topic.